Alice

December 16, 2012
alice in wonderland quotes

Many of us used to dream to be waking up being Alice and follow the white rabbit down that mysterious hole, and meeting flowers which sing and dance...

The initial intention of reading it was only for the mere pleasure of entertainment and childhood nostalgia. I used to dream of having an adventure too but I am more interested in reading the original version of the story. It was supposed to a children's literature but believe it or not, this is one of the most worth remembering books I have ever read. 

It surprised me. 

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

`Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar.
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'
`What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. `Explain yourself!'
`I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, `because I'm not myself, you see.'

“’But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked.

‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat. ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.’
‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice.
‘You must be,” said the Cat. ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’”




Images via here

The plot and characters are all ridiculous and humorous but there's a philosophy and wisdom in every character, particularly the caterpillar and Cheshire cat. Only when you read the story it will appear useful. I can't possibly analyze all of them but this book teaches me to look and think deeper about every person that I meet and everything I hear. 

One of the most important things I learn in recent years is that, if you feel and think deeper, every little thing can inspire you to learn a little more about life. That leads to wisdom.


This book is definitely more than just fantasy or children's tale.


Powered by Blogger.