Good Old Friends

November 24, 2012
 

I always feel like a sixty year old whenever I'm attending a gathering, especially birthday parties. Old memories come flooding and you suddenly remember that silly little things you did in school. At the same time, as the number of candles on the cake increases, I feel blessed and happy as well to be able to celebrate and be with the same old faces. That means we have grown up.

So we had a party for Ho Yen Fong. Gosh partying sounds so awkward here, because nowadays it childishly means balloons, hats, desserts, or maturely, means clubbing or drinking. We are not into those. We would rather have some kimchi and cheese cake, much simpler and warmer.


So theses are all my old friends. This birthday girl is always there in my life. Not only we were in the same secondary school, same class, same pre-U, same degree, same lab, same supervisor and same destiny. In another word, I have been seeing her for SEVEN long years, everyday when there's school. She is more like a family member to me already, rather than a colleague or labmate. 'Family member' is a synonym for people-you-can-show-your-true-colours-to and no-need-to-pretend-pretend-kesikesi. It sounds wrong and I am mistreating her but no, that's just the way it is.

The other people are all my good old friends too. It's wonderful to see people who were strangers to have a good time, meet and greet with one another on this special day.

 

I heartily adore this girl. My secondary school life would not be fun at all without Miss Key. She is still as cute as she used to be ten years ago. Trololol. And there's Mr Champion who is incredibly in sync with us and doesn't mind our silly jokes at all since 7 years ago. Also there's Melia who was in the same class with me, and amazingly got to know all my other friends and became a frequent guest in our gathering. Wai Peng is such a sweetheart when I was in degree, always so kind and lovely. And there are Ms and Mr Phua who were there for the love of Korean food and birthday of our friend.


Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. Quoted. xx


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.