Riverside Lodge 河边小住


ABOUT LIFE | RIVERSIDE LODGE

During our recent trip to Malacca, we spent most of time gathering with friends and chilling at the Riverside Lodge. We read, sketched, talked and watched movie. We did the subtle things that we usually wouldn't do in our hectic schedule.


I think my view on travelling has changed over the years, from a hustling tourist to now, a more patient and observant traveler. 


When my pace slows down, I can observe and experience more than I could.

When my mind slows down, I feel freedom and peace.
When my pace and mind slow down, traveling has become a natural and instinctive part of life.

And in that way, to travel is to live, to live is to travel.


日常 | 河边小住

上个月去了马六甲,这次的行程主要是和朋友聚聚,和留在河边小住里休息。 我们在那里阅读,画画,聊天,看电影,做一些梦幻细致,平时忙碌的生活里很少有机会做的东西。

我发现自己对旅行的态度在这几年变得不一样了。以前像是一个庸碌怕输的游客,现在想当一个耐心和细心的旅人。

当我的步伐慢下来,我可以发现和体验更多。
当我的心沉淀下来,我可以在旅途中更悠游自在。
当旅行的步伐和心态被调整了以后,它就变成一件不需要可以修饰,生活中很自然轻松的事。

那样的话,对我来说,旅行就是生活,生活就是旅行。



After eating the famous duck noodle right in front of the houses, we strolled along Malacca river. 



Making videos is definitely more challenging than I thought. Not only we have to think about the flow, the ambience, movement and angle... to me the most difficult part is definitely the editing. I remember a friend used to tell me that editing a video is a process similar to cooking, you have to make sure everything harmonizes and has a rhythm, a life. I'm still learning to catch and feel that rhythm.

I've been to Malacca countless times and usually I'd stay at Jonker Street. Of course it is fun and vibrant there, but also crowded and busy. This time, we had fun at the crowded tourist area, and then came back at night to the quiet neighbourhood, drank wine and watched a good movie. Isn't this awesome?! This has been a wonderful experience, both staying here in Riverside Lodge and making the video. I'll see you again. Have a good day!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.