Chatuchak

December 28, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Chatuchak Weekend Market is the ultimate shopping heaven. From clothes, shoes, accessories, bags, home decor, flowers to big furniture and big Buddha, you name it.

We went there in the late evening and it was crowded and hot like being stuck in a sardine can in a burning oven. However the variety and low price eventually got me calmer and more patient. I wished I had more time to explore the whole market and not just two hours.  Nevertheless I still managed to sapu quite a number of things mainly for home decor and little pouches.

Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand

How could we manage all the muscle sore and pain without a little spice and excitement of Tom Yam? It was so good. As a Tom Yam expert I must say it's one of the best Thai soup I had ever had. I am referring to the white tom yam in the claypot. Forgot its Thai name and it's soooooo good.


Those were sweet preserved lotus root and (bottom) little yummy cakes made of clay. If you are planning to come to Bangkok, make sure you come here on weekends and spend AT LEAST half a day here. It is much larger than we thought. My hands were already full of purchases when I realized we only walked a quarter of it. And we used two hours for a quarter. Can you imagine?!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok, Thailand

http://www.chatuchak.org/


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.